The Sr HR Coordinator will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, ensuring safety, organizing corporate events and enforcing company policies and practices.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance through the support of 3rd party HR company, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Assist management with the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance through the support of 3rd party HR company with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment/New Hire Process
- Creating and distributing documents
- Posting job ads and organizing resumes and job applications
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Preparing new employee files
- Orienting new employees to the organization (setting up a designated log-in, workstation, email address, etc. with Onward IT)
- Serving as a point person for all new employee questions
Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Work with department heads to ensure all timecards, vacation, and other time off requests are approved in time for accounting for payroll processing
- Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors
- Participating in benefits tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment (Life insurance/Health insurance)
- Conducting benefit enrollment process
- Serving as a point of contact with benefit vendors/administrators
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
- Maintaining records related to grievances, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
- Completing termination paperwork and assisting with exist interviews
- Reviewing employee handbook and company policies with in-hose attorney annually
- Maintaining AQI calenda
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions
- Supporting health and wellness
- Handle employee complaints, grievances, and disputes.
- Coordinate monthly birthday celebrations
- Coordinate annual year end party
- Coordinate team building and leadership events
- Ensure Company safety policies are in compliance and followed explcitly
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations management systems.
- Ability to promote strong positive company culture.