At Aliquantum International Inc also known as “AQI” the DNA of our company is based on integrity, social responsibility and commitment. This is a solid foundation for our passion to make life more comfortable with innovative functionality and outstanding design for all of our products. It is this corporate culture that forms a strong bond between our team all over the world. We feel continually challenged to inspire our customers and to offer only the very best products and services with innovative strength, teamwork, and premium brands. Our products are fun for kids of all ages making them inspiring and engaging.
- Ensures proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with GAAP, the client’s policies, and internal control standards. Communicates and supports analytical findings.
- Pursue resolution of business issues impacting the financial statements in a proactive, independent manner.
- Prepare and manage journal entries, including appropriate documentation.
- Ensure that general ledger and sub-ledger are reconciled, and reconciling items are resolved.
- Prepare and manage schedules, supporting documents, and variance analyses for management.
- Prepare and manage account reconciliations for moderate to complex accounts.
- Oversee entire month end close activities. Proactively participates in month-end balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position. Communicates issues and resolutions to management and affected areas/departments. Coordinates solutions to problems of moderate complexity with other departments and business units.
- Management of the Fixed Asset process and policy, including Capital Expenditure Authorization and spending tracking.
- Review and assist with identifying and coding unallowable expenses.
- Provide data and serve as a resource for external financial and tax audit examination processes, including assisting with the preparation of audited financial statements.
- Assist in the documentation and monitoring of the Financial Management System Policies and Procedures and ensure compliance.
- Management of the Sales and Use Tax accounting and reporting process.
- Assist in the implementation of general accounting process improvement objectives.
- Conduct regular balance sheet account and bank statement reconciliations for assigned area to ensure that records are accurate and in agreement.
- Research and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities in a timely manner; elevate more complex issues for resolution.
- Performs special projects of moderate to complex scope.
- Maintains desktop procedures and manuals.
- Assist in monthly commission, co-op, and royalty calculations.
- Review and post AP vouchers, payments, as well as print checks.
- Review and post AR billings, cash receipts, etc.
- Process 3-way P.O. matching invoices, up to and exceeding 50-line items.
- Participates in departmental projects and initiatives. Participates effectively in a team environment.
- Prepare special financial analysis report to management.
- Participate in month end, quarter end, and yearend financial review.
- Assist CFO in special project as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Ability to interface professional with various vendors, auditors, and government agencies.
- Ability to apply a broad range of accounting principles, practices, and procedures to produce accurate end products.
- Ability to think analytically and apply sound judgment and/or financial/accounting principles to work assignments.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills for all levels of the organization
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Minimum 6 years of general accounting experience in corporate environment
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in distribution company
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience working with Fixed Assets transaction accounting.
- Effective working knowledge of Microsoft Office with intermediate to advanced Excel skills as well as ERP accounting software
- Good analytical skills and ability to think logically a must.
- Must have prior experience in overseeing and managing full month end close.